Try this easy hummus recipe for a healthy, high fiber snack. Just 105 calories per serving, and very satisfying with some chopped fresh veggies.
White Bean and Basil Hummus
Makes 12, 2 Tablespoon Servings
- 29 oz can low-sodium Cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 Lemon, grated rind and juiced
- ¼ cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup, packed, fresh Basil
- Salt and fresh ground Pepper, to taste
- Using a food processor, combine all the ingredients. Process hummus until smooth.
- Serve with raw vegetables and baked pita chips.
NUTRITION (2 Tablespoons Hummus)
Calories: 105 kcal, Total Fat:4.9g, Sat. Fat: 0.7g, Sodium: 60.7mg, Carbs: 10g, Fiber: 3.2g, Protein: 3.2g
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat