Too many times we all skip breakfast, this recipe is a great make-ahead solution! You can add any combination of low-fat cheese and vegetables to this base mix. They are kid friendly too! Make these ahead and pop in the microwave for a quick on-the go solution. You can also freeze these for up to a month, and then you should not have to succumb to the drive-thru. Throw one on a light whole-wheat English muffin or wrap for a homemade breakfast sandwich.
Muffin Tin Frittatas
Makes 12 muffin-sized frittatas
- 8 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Milk (almond or soy milk is fine too)
You will need about 1 cup of sautéed vegetables and 1 cup of reduced fat cheese.
- Broccoli, Mushrooms, Reduced-fat shredded Cheddar
- Spinach, Onion, Feta cheese
- Zucchini, Tomatoes, Mozzarella
- Kale, Leeks, Ricotta
- Or any combination of your favorites
You also need
- Organic canola cooking spray
- Ground fresh pepper and salt to taste
- Heat oven to 375 deg F
- Make egg base by beating eggs and milk
- Generously spray a muffin tin with organic canola spray
- Sauté vegetables until tender, cook-off any liquid – you want this to be quite dry.
- Divide your vegetable filling between the 12 muffin cups, then do the same with the cheese
- Add egg and milk mixture to the cups leaving at least ¼ inch space at the top of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until just set
- Cool 5 minutes, then serve -or- cool 15 minutes, then refrigerate or freeze