Here’s a quick pasta dish that I put together with my finds from the Saturday farmers market.
Blue Oyster and Shiitake Mushrooms with Asparagus over Spinach Pasta
- 1 lb Spinach fettuccini, or the pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Mushrooms, about ½ lb (I used Blue oyster and Shiitake),sliced
- 1 lb Asparagus, chopped in 2” pieces
- 1 teaspoon Fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and Ground pepper to taste
- Grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese for garnish
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, reserve ½ cup of cooking water
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add mushroom and asparagus and cook until asparagus is just tender and mushrooms are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add thyme, parsley, pasta, and pasta water to the skillet. Toss and simmer to incorporate, about 3 minutes.
- Divide the pasta between serving bowls, garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve immediately.
Be sure to choose a good quality pasta to complement these premiere veggies