Pesto can really be made with any combination of nuts and herbs, there is no reason to limit yourself with the standard basil and pine nuts. Try this healthy version of a fresh pesto that includes tuscan kale sliced into ribbons so it incorporates nicely in with the pasta.
Angel Hair with Almond-Parsley Pesto and Tuscan Kale
Makes 4 servings
- ½ lb Whole wheat Angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup Extra virgin Olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch Tuscan Kale, julienned
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley Leaves, packed
- ¼ cup Unsalted Almonds
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove Garlic
- Prepare pasta according to package directions
- Sautee kale with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat until wilted, adding a small amount of water if needed, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor make the pesto by pureeing the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta and pesto to the wilted kale and toss to combine
- Serve with additional grated cheese and fresh ground pepper